Friday 6 June 2008

Mercy Revealed

I've been reading a lot of St. Faustina lately, her private revelations from Jesus Himself really give me a hope. Lately I've come to see more and more my own inadequacies, yet even thought I see these, I find that there is a good God with abundant mercy. If you struggle too, I think this will help.

You have surrounded my life with Your tender and loving care, more than I can comprehend, for I will understand Your goodness in its entirety only when the veil is lifted. I desire that my whole life be but one act of thanksgiving to You, O God….

Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, 1285

On a little side note, this idea that our lives are a thanksgiving, a liturgy in itself that everything we do and say should be for and in the praise and honor of God - it seems the saints of the last century i.e. St. Faustina and St. Jose Maria Escriva understood this well.

No comments: